Many classic car owners think that their regular auto insurance covers their classic car with the same level of coverage. However, they are incorrect. If your vehicle fits into the classic car category, make sure you purchase a special policy that will provide you with the appropriate coverage to protect you and your vehicle.
Different types of vehicles can fall under the classification of a classic car. The following is a list of different types of classic cars.
– Antiques: 25 model years and older
– Classics: 20-24 model years
– Collectibles: 15-19 model years
– Exotic Cars: Newer than 15 years, considered to be appreciating in value
– Street Rods: Made before 1949, mechanically and/or cosmetically altered
– Customs: Made since 1949, mechanically or cosmetically altered
– Kit cars: Built from purchased packages, and assembled by an experienced professional, manufacturer or dealer.
Before you take out a classic car insurance policy, make sure to fully understand what is and what is not covered. Coverages and qualifications may differ between companies. Click here to start the quote process for your classic car. Make sure to have your personal information and vehicle information handy when filling out the application. You can receive a quote in less than 10 minutes, so get started today.
This content is offered for educational purposes only and does not represent contractual agreements. The definitions, terms and coverages in a given policy may be different than those suggested here and such policy will be governed by the language contained therein. No warranty or appropriateness for a specific purpose is expressed or implied.