Without using the “R” word, we’ll just say things are getting more expensive these days. These “things” include the price of car insurance. Now is as good a time as any to examine what you pay and see if you may be able to get a cheaper rate somewhere else. Let’s go over some tips that should help you save some money:
– Shop online. At least do your preliminary shopping here. There are many useful sites, like AISinsurance.com, that will do a lot of the gritty work for you. Recent surveys showed that consumers who research online have the potential to save up to 25%. Make sure to use a reputable site to ensure you are receiving correct information.
– Use a company that does the shopping for you. Generally, if you find a great rate online, theÂ representativeÂ can get you that same rate as well. The benefit to using an agencyÂ is that you can pick their brain to make sure you have a clear understanding of your policy. Some people also prefer to have real a person they can turn to. Properly understanding your coverage can save you money in the long run.
– If you’re 55 or older, take a defensive driving course. Most insurance companies will provide a discount for mature drivers who complete this course. It helps you save money and also become a better driver.
– Follow the traffic laws. These days insurance companies are rewarding their good drivers. Drive safely and follow the traffic laws to take advantage of this discount.
– Automatic Electronic Payments. Most insurance companies have reduced installment fees when you sign up for electronic payments. This helps them to reduce some administrative costs and as a result, pass some of the savings on to you.
These are just some tips to help you save. Check out some of our past blog posts to find additional ways you can save on your auto insurance.
This content is offered for educational purposes only and does not represent contractual agreements. The definitions, terms and coverages in a given policy may be different than those suggested here and such policy will be governed by the language contained therein. No warranty or appropriateness for a specific purpose is expressed or implied.