Californians are no strangers to the sun and surf, and having fun out on California waters is an incredible experience. Itâ€™s even more enjoyable when it comes with peace of mind. Thatâ€™s why watercraft insurance is popular among people who love to get out and hit the surf.
Just as watercraft are different from automobiles, they require a different sort of insurance policy. Of course, your policy will be exclusive to you, but some basic coverages may include:
- Physical damage to your watercraft & trailer
- Damage to another watercraft, Â dock, or other property
- Towing assistance if you break down on the water
- Liability for injury or death to another person through negligence
- Liability for another driver using your watercraft
- Water skiers, wake boarders, or tubers who become injured being towed by your watercraft
- Uninsured watercraft owners insurance â€“ injury to you caused by an uninsured watercraft operator
Keep in mind though â€“ some policies may limit your use of your watercraft to specific types of waterways or specific areas (such as â€œinland lakes and waterwaysâ€ or â€œPacific Costal waters within 5 miles of shoreâ€). Still, a watercraft insurance policy is a great idea for maximizing your carefree fun out on the water. Contact AIS to learn more about watercraft insurance today.